Raven Audio Nighthawk

So the scuttlbutt on the Raven integrated amps is pretty good. But just how good are they? Are they good when compared to other comparably priced tube integrateds? Or are they better than some heavy hitters?

I currently have a NOSvalves ST-45 amp paired with a Don Sachs Model 2 (latest version) preamp and I am extremely happy with this pairing. With that said, I guess there is nothing really that I'm looking to improve. But since we all know how this game goes, I just wonder how much better (or not) the Blackhawk III would be. Consolidating two pieces down to one chasis is an attractive idea too.

I would love to hear from you if you own a Nighthawk or Blackhawk or have auditioned one against something else. I know they offer a 45 day trial period, but from my calculations if I don't like it it will cost me close to 400.00 out of pocket once the dust settles. So I'd like to go into this with a warm fuzzy that it's pretty darn good.

Oz

128x128ozzy62
I haven’t heard the Blackhawk, but like you, I have been  interested. I Had to look up your ST 45 amp. Nice. I have Don’s Kootenay amp and like it a lot. However I was also interested in the Dynaco Mk 3’s which looks like the basis of this amp. However I didn’t know this existed and didn’t want a restored Dyna w/o upgrades. Now I’ve got to check these out. Sorry to get off track but thanks for the post
IMHO the only way to really sort out which is better sounding is a direct comparison in one’s audio system. I can understand the appeal of a tidy single box integrated amplifier (convenient/fewer boxes). Both the NOSvalves amplifier and Don Sachs preamplifier have established reputations for excellent sound quality.

Could be ’difficult’ to exceed their performance with an integrated amplifier (But not impossible). I would encourage going for the Raven Audio home audition trial offer. You ears will get it right.
Charles
My impression is there's a few people on this site maybe 5-10 who keep pushing the same products, one of them being raven (you know the other products).  Maybe these posters are harmless and certainly they have been posting here for a long time and mean well and some seem knowledgeable but overly verbose and hard to understand (logic not strong suit).

But as an outside observer I have seen it over and over again.
Wow I was positive the first response I would see is from Miller C! Hasn’t even chimed in yet. 
I ordered one of these amps around the fist of March. I emailed them earlier today to get a update on the order hopefully get a response or amp soon.  Been thinking about others options but keep going back to the BlackHawk. This will be my first tube amp pared with some Sweet 1976 Corner Horns. Fingers crossed.