Mods for Avantgarde speakers

I have had Avantgarde Trios for about eight years. They play music with the types of amplifiers that I enjoy, in a way that I like more than other speakers that I have heard. I would like to hear from others that have modified their Avantgarde speakers, what they have done, and with what improvements. Damping, x-overs, cabling, etc. are things that I am interested in.
sdrsdrsdr
Triode, my name is not Jim but would like to comment anyway. Don't drill any new mounting holes into the tweeter housing. Believe you are using Duos. If that's the case you can do as my friend did: hang the tweeter with some belts underneath the midrange horns. This also helps isolating the tweeter from the vibration of the other drivers. push the tweeter 20 cm back as a starting point. Move them forward/backward in small increments like 0,5 cm. You will know once you hit the right spot!
sdrsdrsdr, agree,less digital anything is always better. As an alternative to v-caps Duelund cast are also supposed to be excellent. Someday I will try their cast inductors in my tweeter xo.

Chadeffect, try the magic box if you like but I'm sure it will f..k up your glorious set sound! Not sure it's a good idea to drill the frame. You need something that allows you to slide the tweeter in small increments backwards!
Have not heard the Duelunds so can't comment on them. Guess it is system and personal taste dependent as to which cap is the better choice.
It seems Avantgarde makes a special capacitor. This is from a 6moons review. "Matthias Ruff designed the CPC with a DC bias voltage to create an unidirectional electric field. The special capacitor does not have to -- cannot -- change polarity. Its bias is far higher than the musical signal voltage will ever be. The Avantgarde capacitor is built up of multiple conductors instead of the usual two halves. The inner conductor is biased with 100 Volt DC."
that's true. it's a mundorf cap with a 3rd wire which is connected to the cpc circuit. still a teflon v-caps without that circuit sounds a LOT better than the biased mundorf cap!

This thread is getting very quit. is everybody busy tweaking their avantgardes?
Chad, Duelund and V-Cap sound are very different. If you like the organic nature of Duelund caps, V-Caps are not for you.