Recondition my 1986 Thiel CS1.0 or buy new?

I have a pair of thiel cs 1.0's that I have had since 1986. They are driven by a Marantz pm7200 (which I find very satisfying especially in Class A mode) a Project III turntable and a Marantz 6004 cd player. I can get the speakers audibly reconditioned by Thiel with new grill cloths for about $400 including shipping. Visited my local hi end audio store, and the salesman, whom I trust, said that technology in speaker components has changed dramatically over the last 25 years. I listened to a pair of monitor audio rx6 (list for $1250) liked them a lot found them warmer then my Thiels but probably a good matchup with my electronics. The store will allow me to bring there demos home overnight. Any comments or suggestions?
raya
Thanks. It did end up costing more than 3 X the $400 repair to upgrade. I can certainly understand the extended bass being an improvement. The CS 1's are bit light down there and it draws more attention to the tipped up nature of those speakers. I hope you get much enjoyment from your new speakers!
i own thiels cs1s,refurbished by myself...components readily available(solen electronics,montreal canada).and can say they sound amazing.like having eric clapton in your living room with his full audience.not laid back at all.actually be careful on your set-up,i use alta vista modified counterpoint pre and amp.also use van den hul the first between cd (electrocompaniet,modified)and pre to tame a bit.also use a sub with thiels since they re is no lows on the cs 1 s.result....amazing
Jerryboy66 what did you replace? Drivers only? Drivers, crossovers, wiring? Approximately what did it cost and what were the differences you noticed after you finished?