Holo Audio May DAC

Just read a very nice review of this in Stereophile this month and after doing some research it looks like this one could be a very nice option for me.  
https://kitsunehifi.com/product/holo-audio-may-dac/

It's made in China I think (or could be Taiwan?, and yes, I am very well aware that these are two very different countries. ;)), and employs a direct to consumer model to keep the price as low as possible.  This does not worry me after purchasing a Jay's Audio transport from Vinshine Audio and having zero issues.  

Just curious if anyone here has heard one or purchased?  I'm very intrigued.  I know the Denafrips Terminator is another highly regarded DAC with a similar ordering model, but costs a couple grand more than this one.  Considering that one as well.

Thanks
128x128snackeyp
Can recent buyers give an indication of shipping cost to the U.S. for the May? I contacted Kitsune 9 days ago but still no response (sounds like they are a bit overwhelmed at the moment). Also, can anyone verify that there is indeed a 15% restocking fee on the unit if returned within 10 days? Paying for shipping both from and back to China, if unit is returned, plus 15% restocking fee is a big cost to see whether this unit is for me.

I am intrigued but have been disappointed with two other well reviewed DACS in the past couple years so would like to get a handle on the return cost. Thanks!
I just ordered the Kitsune Holo May and paid over $200 for shipping.
I didn’t realize they were shipped from China, but I guess they are.
Tim at Kitsume told me they've had problems with their web site because of Microsoft glitches. This problem has been resolved, so you should try again. It's worth the trouble from what I've heard.
Good luck
Shipping to US is flat-rate $235. Mine arrives tomorrow.

The 15% restock is clearly stated in the T&Cs. 10-day satisfaction guarantee policy and will be subject to a 15% restocking fee. Unfortunately, I expect far more than 10 days for the unit to come into it's own. https://www.kitsunehifi.com/shop/guarantee-return-policy/

The cost to ship back plus the 15% restock will probably cost more than selling on the used market if you don't get on with it.

Sounds like this is too much risk for you to try at this point. Wait a year and there will be used ones on the market.
Mgrif are you considering one or the other ? The Mola dac is $14,000.00 the May KTE dac is $5200.00 landed on your door step ,..Spiff2001 perhaps I misinterpreted your comments,..I don’t view the dac as the component to make or break sound quality performance of a system, it’s what’s up stream of the dac that counts including the recording playback of itself that counts .
l mean I wouldn’t  build a system around a dac , for me it’s speakers and source first . 
in_shore, yes you did not misinterpret my comments. In my system, I have found the DAC to make a big difference in the overall sound. I have tried a couple highly regarded DACs in the ~5k price range and they were both very different from my current DAC and not preferable to me. Certainly upgrading another component in many systems can make a bigger difference but am pretty happy with speakers and source for now.

Thanks everyone for the shipping costs - just what I needed.