Holo Audio May DAC

Just read a very nice review of this in Stereophile this month and after doing some research it looks like this one could be a very nice option for me.  
https://kitsunehifi.com/product/holo-audio-may-dac/

It's made in China I think (or could be Taiwan?, and yes, I am very well aware that these are two very different countries. ;)), and employs a direct to consumer model to keep the price as low as possible.  This does not worry me after purchasing a Jay's Audio transport from Vinshine Audio and having zero issues.  

Just curious if anyone here has heard one or purchased?  I'm very intrigued.  I know the Denafrips Terminator is another highly regarded DAC with a similar ordering model, but costs a couple grand more than this one.  Considering that one as well.

Thanks
128x128snackeyp

Showing 2 responses by gyneguy225

My Holo May arrived 2 days ago, now burning in. It was worth the wait. I'm using USB input and balanced output to an Allnic preamp. I guess that the single ended output is ok but I've always preferred the balanced connection with my gear. Is it true that the May is not truly balanced?
My PS Audio DSD will be up for sale pretty soon. Even with upgraded output transformers and the newest firmware, the DSD doesn't stand up. Maybe I just prefer the sound of r2r DACS over chip based dacs? I don't know.
I just ordered the Kitsune Holo May and paid over $200 for shipping.
I didn’t realize they were shipped from China, but I guess they are.
Tim at Kitsume told me they've had problems with their web site because of Microsoft glitches. This problem has been resolved, so you should try again. It's worth the trouble from what I've heard.
Good luck