Holo Audio May DAC

Just read a very nice review of this in Stereophile this month and after doing some research it looks like this one could be a very nice option for me.  
https://kitsunehifi.com/product/holo-audio-may-dac/

It's made in China I think (or could be Taiwan?, and yes, I am very well aware that these are two very different countries. ;)), and employs a direct to consumer model to keep the price as low as possible.  This does not worry me after purchasing a Jay's Audio transport from Vinshine Audio and having zero issues.  

Just curious if anyone here has heard one or purchased?  I'm very intrigued.  I know the Denafrips Terminator is another highly regarded DAC with a similar ordering model, but costs a couple grand more than this one.  Considering that one as well.

Thanks
128x128snackeyp

Showing 2 responses by spiff2001

Can recent buyers give an indication of shipping cost to the U.S. for the May? I contacted Kitsune 9 days ago but still no response (sounds like they are a bit overwhelmed at the moment). Also, can anyone verify that there is indeed a 15% restocking fee on the unit if returned within 10 days? Paying for shipping both from and back to China, if unit is returned, plus 15% restocking fee is a big cost to see whether this unit is for me.

I am intrigued but have been disappointed with two other well reviewed DACS in the past couple years so would like to get a handle on the return cost. Thanks!
in_shore, yes you did not misinterpret my comments. In my system, I have found the DAC to make a big difference in the overall sound. I have tried a couple highly regarded DACs in the ~5k price range and they were both very different from my current DAC and not preferable to me. Certainly upgrading another component in many systems can make a bigger difference but am pretty happy with speakers and source for now.

Thanks everyone for the shipping costs - just what I needed.