Kef Blades (1), being auditioned...please share your experience.

I am auditioning the Blades in my home. Aside from placement issues, I find a consistent anomaly in the low mid band frequencies and upper base frequencies. It is most recognizable in male vocals, for example, Gregory Porter. There is a crossover point where the voicing goes from warmish to just a bit thin with "edgy" overtones. Female vocals are stunning. Does anyone have any insight/experience that might help. This is consistent with CD, server, and vinyl sources.  It is also consistent with most male voices.  Your feedback is most welcome.
128x128jay53
Hi Jay, I like the Blades very much. I suspect your anomaly lies in your room acoustics. Room control or proper treatment would take care of it. You might also move the speaker closer to the wall but you have to deaden your first reflection points. Most people auditioning loudspeakers do not do the full Monty in acoustic management because they still do not know if these are the speakers for them.   
With the speakers in your room with your gear only you can (should) determine whether they are the right speaker. If you are working with a dealer ask them to ensure proper setup, sit back with your favorite music and decide whether YOU like them. This forum is (sometimes) good at helping narrow down the field where in home audition is not available but utterly useless when the speakers are sitting in your home.
Room acoustics are the main reason I cannot get the Blade2 at the moment. My side walls are too close. Love those speakers though.

One option would be to look at DSP using convolution files as I use in my office. In this scenario you place the speakers where you want and let the DSP magic to it's things. However, I would only use this with streaming sources, not analog sources. It would also help if you are a ROON or JRvier user.

I use the following which was remotely setup for me. It will "fix" the room if that is an issue, which it usually is.
https://audiophilestyle.com/ca/ca-academy/acourate-digital-room-and-loudspeaker-correction-software-...

http://enjoythemusic.com/magazine/manufacture/0420/Understanding_Digital_Room_Correction_For_Audioph...