Options for integrateds for Ohm Walsh Tall 2000s?

Hi, all - back in the pairing game and would love to get some free advice from the experts on the 'Gon.  As we've entered our 'empty nest' stage, I've been able to spend more time pursuing my love of music -all types, from chamber music to classic jazz (female vocalists, Bill Evans, Ben Webster, Charlie Haden..) to acoustic to 70s Laurel Canyon to chamber pop, basically anything with melody.   That, and the fact that I don't just sit and listen with my head in a vise, led me to a used pair of Ohm MicroWalshTalls.   To me, they made music, not just sparkle, and were a good fit for our odd listening space where we moved around and lived  - open floor plan, 15x22x9 space for living/dining/kitchen - even while driven by a Marantz PM8004 with only 70/100W for power.  Redbook CD sounded great after 20 years with children and a lot of 'life' and noise at home. 

Not content to leave well enough alone, my inner audiophile started to emerge.  During the pandemic I listened more closely.  I started streaming hi-res with the Bluesound Node 2i. I realized that the MWTs couldn't fully fill the space, though they still sounded great with jazz and vocalists.   I started a conversation with Evan at Ohm Acoustics, like many of you have done.  He was great.  We talked about next steps, I sent him our floor plan, he helped me persuade my better half to approve upgrading to a Walsh Tall 2000 (couldn't get her to go for the 3000).  

So while our 2000s are being built, I need to figure out the replacement for the PM8004.  I've read all of the threads here, many on other forums, and I get what I've read but I'm still parsing all the info.  I have a standmount system in my study that satisfies my detail/accuracy listening needs, so I realize that this 'living space' system can remain musical and less technical and detailed.  I want music, not pristine sound.   My budget is limited - my better half supports my 'hobby' but wants to keep food on the table.  My budget is $800-$1500.  Lower is better.  I don't need a great phono preamp.  I don't need a DAC or streamer, I have the Bluesound and like it.  I want some more watts, high current and good damping, and balanced sound. I think these needs and wants translate into an integrated, gently used.  I've had great luck with used and I don't have access to audition locally or nearby.   

I've done a lot of on-line shopping and research.  Yes, I've subscribed to Zero Fidelity. I've considered the following, which have recently appeared in my price range: 
Class AB:
Yamaha A-S1000, 2000,1100.  Was minutes late for a 2000 on Agon. Have looked at an A-S701, not convinced. 
Marantz PM 14 or 15 series, not sure there's enough watts there.  PM 11 is a physical monster,
Anthem 225.
Parasound Halo integrated.  Lots of stuff I don't need.
Belles Soloist 1.  Missed that one by an hour or two.
I have a history and some fondness for NAD - my current c356BEE replaced a c326BEE, but not sure about the c375, c388, or M3. 
I'm a little nervous about Class D, but:
Rogue Sphinx.
Wyred4Sound STI 500.

What am I missing?  The watts of the W4S are appealing, but I really want a little warmth and musicality.  Will the 2000 provide that with Class D?  I would really appreciate the collective wisdom of those out there who have some experience with Ohms and pairings.    Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

mklinkma
@reubent thanks for the kind words.

Have not heard Rega amps but they are well regarded in general and should work well.
I thought I'd throw my 2 cents in...
I have been using the newest Ohm 3000's for several years now and I have gone through multiple amps.  Parasound Halo>Yamaha A S2100>Yamaha A S3000>Wyred4sound STI-500v2>McIntosh MA8900.

In your budget, and based on the amps you have mentioned, I would recommend the Yamaha A S1100 (not the 1000 or 2000) if you don't play really loud, or the Wyred4sound. They are on sale for $1299 new right now, although I added the wiring and speaker terminal upgrade. To be honest, I'm not really sure how much difference the wiring and terminals make. It's a bit of a money maker for them, as there really isn't much wire in the amp. 
The STI-500V2 certainly has the horsepower, but sometimes it just sounds just a little too perfect...kinda hard to explain. 
I would consider the MOSFET Yamaha's to be more musical, but the way they build them, they just don't have much headroom. I bought both of my Yamaha amps recertified from Accessories 4 Less and they were like brand new. I don't see any available there at the moment.

Good luck!
I've seen that Wyred amp at a very good price recently and would expect it to do a very good job with Ohms.   

I understand the "too perfect" comment and don't find that a surprise.   Where does one go from there?   "Good sound" always  comes down to personal preferences in the end I suppose. 

Wow, thanks for the responses, everyone - it's like my birthday!

Just have a little time now.  I'll try to respond to some posts quickly, then more thoughtfully later, but man, do I appreciate all the suggestions.
@russ/@mapman - did think about muscial fidelity.  Would likely need m5i to have enough power, which so far seems to be above my price range and....maybe too bright at top end?
@djones - agreed,  saw the volume problem and these are old stock now.... probably off my list.
@audio/@mapman/@jimcrane - I agree I can start the 2000s off with the 8004, but expect I will need more watts.  I suspect Evan and the Ohm staff don't want to get in the habit of recommending specific amp pairings, but we discussed.  Evan volunteered up front that I'd likely need a power upgrade in my space with the 2000s, and that's fair.  
@melvin - it was exactly that great MWT thread that got me to consider, then search out, the MWTs.  I had forgotten that in all that great conversation there were some posts about pairings.  Even though many posts are pretty old now I'll check back in.
@tweak1 - thanks for the Underwood hint.  Even the W4S website is offering half off remaining new stock. All - please don't clear out their stock before i decide....
@rill/ @mapman  - while we're on the W4S, can you explain a little more about what you mean by 'too perfect'?  I think I get it, but maybe a longer description would help me process whether that's a good thing or a not-so-good thing.  
@jimcrane - you win the Link Of The Month Award for finding this obscure AudioKarma thread.  Man, I thought I had found everything, and there you go. 
There are some new suggestions I'll check out, and a couple more thoughtful responses are due to some of you.  Again, many thanks.  More later.
m

So here's my more thoughtful follow-up, with a couple questions for the group.

I'm pretty convinced that I'm not ready to go down the separates road or consider subwoofers for now.  Simplicity is better now, even though I spent time looking at the suggestions from @mapman.   I also will be listening at low volume late at night - which I think might favor more watts to clarify the sound and make Class D more appealing.  Will that change anyone's recommendations? 

I'm listening to the MWTs with the Marantz PM8004 as I write this, and I like the sound of the Marantz - smooth, clean, can hear deep into the music, but it does not seem too bright.  I can live with that sound.  As @mapman also noted, I can start with the 8004 if I need to, and I have several weeks before the 2000s arrive.  So I can be patient here.   

With that said, @reubent, can you tell me a little more about the Rega Elicit and what is most appealing to you?  Is it 'light' British (Creekish), or more full?  

@rill, I also wanted to respond to your post.  Before posting here I was focused on the Yamaha 1000/2000 - in my price range, what I read sounded good but I couldn't find one to listen to.   I've heard that the Yamahas are more muscular than the Marantz, but still balanced.  What is the difference between the Yamaha 1000/2000 and 1100/2100 series in terms of sound?  

Again, thanks to all - and don't hesitate to give me suggestions or point out where I'm not making sense.  I'm hoping this journey will be helpful to others trying to navigate great sound. 

m