Anyone Successfully Go from Floor Standers to Bookshelf Monitors w/ Subs?

My system is in a Large Living room which opens to dining room & Kitchen. I figure about 6k cu ft. I have Silverline Sonata speakers now with subs. Unfortunately I did not build my addition when I should have 10-15 yrs ago. Now I'm not really up to the task. Too old & wore out. So I'd love to make the LR a prettier room for my wife. One thing we talked about was the large speakers, and possibly using Watkins Gen 4 monitors. But as good as they sound, I am concerned about the ability to fill the room, or at least my listening area. As I understand, it is about moving air. I cannot see how a 6.5 & 1 inch speaker can move as much as a 10, 7, 3 & 1 inch. So I am quite concerned about that. Right now, the system sounds very pleasing to both of us. We don't want to take a backward step but can live with a sideways step if it is more visually pleasing.

Has anyone made this kind of a step from floor standers to monitors, both with subs, in a large room, with success? Or am I thinking correctly about the small speakers inability to move the proper amount of air for the room size? Thanks for your help.

OH, FWIW, The addition may not be completely out of the picture. But it depends on whether I can get one of my previous sub contractors to do a large part of it. 
128x128artemus_5
You might want to try the new gold 200 generation 5 or the platinum 200 generation 2 or maybe even the gold 300 generation 5.
I made the transition years ago, but and this is a big but, my monitors are the (almost) vintage Miller & Kreisel MPS-2510 professional studio monitors paired with (2) PSA (18") 1801’s subwoofers and this ensemble can handle anything I throw at them.

The subs were a breeze to integrate and the monitors with their (2) midrange and (3) tweeter vertical configuration have a wide dispersion soundstage and are MADE to and crossed over to be used with SUBS and NOT to be used as stand alone monitors only.

I will say this: The bigger the sub the better as I kept upgrading to bigger subs until I got it to SOUND right in my room for me. The unusual thing I find about the bigger subs is you don’t have to turn the gain up as much to integrate them vs using a smaller sub, which may sound counterintuitive.
You might want to try the monitor audio gold 200 generation 5 or the platinum 200 generation 2 or maybe even the gold 300 generation 5 very deep faster articulate base from all those speakers. And very three-dimensional and natural sounding as well, very big wide and deep sound stage.
@artemus_5

If the Watkins Stereo Generation Four monitors are as good as the are reviewed here:

https://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/watkins-stereo-generation-four-loudspeaker

They may just work, but BEWARE of ’audiophile reviewers’. For the same price I’d go with the Tekton Impact Monitors, and they would blend in nicely with many a subwoofer.