SoundSmith cartridges how good?

And how do they compare to others. Forget about cost just thoughts on sonics? Obviously if matched with correct tonearm.
rsf507
@rsf507,

It was an easy decision for me because I got mine new @ 40% off. If cost is your main driver, I'd have no problem buying used and have it re-tipped if needed. SoundSmith is a lifetime investment.
In reference to Soundsmiths customer phone service responses. Somebody had contacted Soundsmith and had a negative interaction with whoever picked up. Dude, you’re lucky they picked up at all. Typically, it goes to voice mail. I believe one responder said it all very well. Quirky, eccentric, and very busy independent shop, but exceptional quality cartridges built and/or repaired by Paul himself, and a handful of coworkers with lifetimes in audio experience, dedicated and passionate. Exactly the kind of business model I prefer to support with my patronage, not to mention they have the ultimate stylus for the Grace F-9 cartridge to keep my Acoustic Research ES-1 turntable playing sweet music years to come. My personal experience is, I don’t know crap  about cartridges. I emailed them. Got a response completely educating me, from Paul himself. So I then call and left a message about ordering and shipping. Paul himself calls me back. That kind of personal service is a rarity with any kind of business. Much respect for Soundsmith.
Whoops.  Should reread what I'm typing before I hit enter. I was meaning Peter, not Paul.  Kinda biblical.  Lol

"Hello Bill. To which other cartridges are you comparing the Hyperion, please? I ask because I'm considering one."
Ortofon Per WinfeldAtlasAT5000
To name a few.  Among these you can't go wrong.