CDP for Naim

I have a Naim system and is it a must for naim Cdp or is there better alternative a cheaper price...eg rega Apollo.

Thanks
hi5
it is a must(i think there's a law)...the whole naim sound is based on synergy(the 'whole' being greater than the sum of the parts)....the players are great, especially with other naim gear. good luck
My experience is that Naim CD players fit into non-Naim systems much better than non-Naim CD players fit into Naim systems.

Note that the Rega players have a very different sound from Naim. As a whole, the Naim players lean towards fast and lean. The Rega players have a warm forgiving sound that is quite unlike anything else. It's all a matter of taste.

My comments are based upon the Planet and Jupiter. I haven't heard the Apollo yet. I own a CD5i.

Regards,
Erik
Dunno about synergies & the occult. However, the beginner's Naim cdp sounded better than the Rega (on a non-Naim system, for what it's worth).
Cheers
FWIW & IMO,
I've had CD5i (on loan from my dealer), CD5X, and now CDX2 (which I own) in my system. I wasn't all that impressed with the cd5i, but it peaked my interest enough to go ahead and order a CD5X from my dealer (with no obligation to buy & w/o ever hearing it). I bought the CD5X (new/discounted) and enjoyed it immensely for a few month's, but it planted the seed to climb higher in the Naim chain. I bought my CDX2 used here on Agon and absolutely love it. And once again, I'm itching for more. Not so much in the form of a CDS3, but more in the way of XPS2. I just don't want to spend the $$$$ right now and really wonder how much of an improvement the outboard p.s. would make. The point is, every time I moved up the Naim chain there were significant improvements, with the move from 5i to 5x being the biggest. And PRaT truly is the Naim of the game. ;-)