Totem speakers and others that I should consider?

I've liked the Totem speakers for a while, they image very nicely, and while somewhat laid back, not too much so...

I'm looking to put together a new system (starting from scratch), and was thinking about the Totem line (Forests, at first). I listened to Totem at RMAF, and was very impressed with the new Element line, so that has me thinking of those instead. They are a bit more forward compared to the older speakers, but not terribly so, and I think they will not be fatiguing to listen to long-term. I'll have to do a bit more listening to be sure of that.

They image better, and the bass is very deep and controlled.

Anyway, I was thinking about the Totems Fire or Earth speakers (probably the Fire), and I was wondering what other speakers people feel will match up favorably to the Fire? They must be similarly priced, and ultimately similar in size or form-factor (I don't want large cabinets).

My exposure to speakers in the last decade is somewhat limited, but I have heard Sonus Faber, and while I find them very musical, I don't think they match up at the price point, but I don't think I've heard the most recent models.

Recommendations for other speakers I should audition in the $6000 dollar range are appreciated.

---Michael
mjm6
SLEEPLESS nailed it.

I've personally had ARROS and FORESTS. In either case they need hi-current and high wattage amps to drive them fully: TOTEMS are all power hungry. From my experiences I had to bi-amp them to perform best.

THE POINT: No, I do not think that TOTEMS excel at low volume listening. Rather they excel when "let loose".
Translation: listening fatigue.

Because I listen to a lot of classical and female vocals, low level / comfort listening nirvana was also my Holy Grail.

Yup... I finally found my comfort level listening Holy Grail, but only after I capitulated, admitted this was not going to work to my satisfaction, and sold off the Totems, and sold the all the matched hardware; and replaced them all with REGA R9 speakers driven by REGA OSIRIS integrated amp / REGA ISIS valve cdp.

Other choices: check out the TANNOY line and be prepared to be amazed. I bought the Revolution DC-6s for my B system. be prepared to be pleasantly stunned by what you hear.
At that price point the Joseph Audio Pulsars might also be worth a listen. Should image very well -- I haven't heard the Pulsar but their lower models are very good in this regard -- and sounds like they may be a little easier to drive and and present less possibility of listener fatigue as mentioned by others. Just another option, and best of luck.
Indeed it's a FACT what pleases ones may fatigue the others. I've never been pleased with any of Joseph speakers any model I've listened to and same to B&W and ML
I run 2 pair of OHM Walsh, a pair of Dynaudio monitors, and a pair of small Triangle monitors in different rooms off my central system using a speaker switch and in-wall wiring from when the house was built.

Each of the three lines have a very distinctive sound running off my main system.

The Dynaudios most resemble the Totem Elements I heard just recently. They deliver a significantly hotter presentation than the OHMs, which are more relaxed and laid back. Some may find that more fatiguing over long listening sessions.

The Triangles are somewhere in between and sound competitive at low to moderate volumes but their small size handicaps them in terms of delivering a lot of punch at higher volumes compared to the others.
You may want to check out the kef R series. I have compared them to many of the lines mentioned and more including Totem and they performed better. I now own a set of 900s with no fatigue. Yes they are very good at all listening levels and music genres. Best luck