A DAC that ought to be better known: RME

I just bought a RME ADI-2 DAC on the recommendation of some technological minded audiophiles on another site and am delighted with the sound quality and price point. It isn’t especially user friendly and the multi page user manual is complicated. Plus the DAC has equalization and a great headphone amp, all in a small package. I always thought the Exogal was a great performer but the RME strikes me as superior, especially considering the significantly lower price. I listen to a lot of chamber music and it conveys the timbre of the string instruments exceptionally well. Plus, for the first time in a long while I can actually read the screen and see what’s happening. If anyone out there is looking for a DAC this is worth at least investigating. 
128x128rtorchia
@paulcreed

go to garage1217 get 6sn7 and 6dj8 to 5670 tube converters they sell, then start tube rolling

it opens a whole new world of what the mhdt can do from its stock ge mini tube ... dunno the rest of your system but you should hear wonderful new presentations of the sound/music

have fun!
@paulcreed 
It's not clear to me from your post if you thought the Teddy made a difference? 
Mofojo, I did compare the Pardo vs stock after a few months of break in. Pardo expands soundstage, improved spl in the room, midrange became much more natural and put nice weight and body on the highs, it just made everything more musical, bigger and smoothed things out but your mileage may vary.

jjss49, I'm going to order the adapters just haven't got around to it. I have a lot of 6sn7's, ken rads, RCA gray glass and so on plus amprex, bugle boy,SQ's, valvo and many other 6922. I very interested where that would take the MHDT, thanks for the suggestion.

For the first time ever I started using XLR balanced cables and put them on the RME, replacing my usual RCAs. A professional audio fellow told me always to get used to a given cable and then change them over one by one to notice the difference better. I know this is a touchy subject but I believe I can hear a difference. So I am very inclined to the PS upgrade after a while.
paul

when you get the tube adapters from garage1217 please note one important thing... the pins on the adapters are LONG... too long... you should insert the tube into the adapter first, then carefully insert the adapter into the mhdt tube socket only about 1/2 in, not much more... if you insert the adapter pins in all the way there is a chance that you can break a solder connection below, and then, once the adapter is removed there will be a lost connection on one of the tube socket pin solder joints to the pcb underneath...