Anyone running a tube preamp with a Pass XA25?

I've got a Pass XA25 and an XP12, great combo, no issues. Having said that, I'm curious how a tube pre might play with an XA25? Anyone running a combo? Thoughts? Impressions? No need for balanced out, a line stage is what I need. Thanks all!
geof3
@cellorover

thank you for your reply, helpful!

good to see the list of components in your system too! i somehow get the distinct impression you like penaudio speakers and cj tube gear !!!  😆😆😆

... and now back to geof’s regular scheduled programming...

@geof3 How do you like the Rogue RP5 and Pass XA25 combo vs your Pass XP12 combo? Does the tube preamp improve on the Pass preamp in yoir system?
Asking cause I had the Rogue RP5 running into the Pass XA25 and I felt that my system sounded too lean; the midbass punch was missing. I swapped the Rogue RP5 for a Cary SLP98 and then the Cary SLP05 and both the Cary preamps added the missing warmth and midbass punch.
@knik, the Rogue is actually very full in my system. Compared to the XP12? The 12 was very focused, pinpoint really. Not in a bad way. Overall sound stage was great, but center focus was tight. The Rogue is focused as well, but in a different way, not as pinpoint. Wider soundstage, and seemingly deeper as well. Low mids are rounded, and full to me. Again, less punchy. However, overall “slam” is very good. Keep in mind, this is the only tube preamp I’ve tried with the XA25, but for now, it’s a keeper. I need to stop with the crazy for a bit!

I know this is an older thread but I am also an XA-25 owner and considering some different options for preampfification. I have a Schiit Freya + with stock tubes. I like the combination but I have a nagging suspicion I’m not maxing out the potential of the pass. However I want to keep costs realistic and avoid spending more on the pre than the power amp. Remote controls are important too. 

Any recommendations on matching/synergy? So far contenders are: 

Rogue RH5, RP5

Vintage ARC or Conrad Johnson tube pre 

Luminous Axiom II passive pre 

Appreciate any first hand experience and recommendations! 

@poketacez I would add Cary SLP98 to your list. The combination of the Cary with some Svlvania 6SN7s and Pass XA25 sounds great. I much prefered it to the Rogue RP-5 with the Pass in my system. 

Used SLP98s can be easily found for less than 2k

That said, is there anything specific you are looking to improve in your system's  sound?