WILSON AUDIO.....BIG NAME, BIG PRICE........ARE THEY THAT GOOD?

Are Wilsons the best? are they worth the money? Looking at used watt puppy 8 or Sophia 3. 
jeffvegas
Imo they are that good. I use the term good as enjoyable. 
There are better more accurate speakers for less money but I really like wilsons. 
The Sophia 3 has great bass and solid mids. The highs might be the only deal breaker as many don’t care for the older focal tweeters. I think they are fine but the highs are not as clean as the new crop of wilson, Focals, etc. 
I have never heard the watt puppy 8. They could be getting a little old. Make sure you check the foam around the tweeter.

The Sophia 3 sounds pretty close to the Sasha to me. The Sophia with its fixed head is more limited in setup. But within that setup (9-12 seating distance) there is less of a difference than one would expect for the price.
You could probably find some old reviews of the Sasha comparing them to the 8s and read between the lines a bit for a glimpse of how the 3 might compare to the 8.
I can get a pair of Watt puppy 8 for 6 grand . Sophia 3's run about 8 grand. Might have to go to sophia 3. I can get Sophia 2 for 6 grand. 
Very good speakers. 
 To rich for me. If you have the coin, FIRST,..I would call and talk about service, repair, reckoning, maybe crossover upgrades, speaker replacement, etc etc.  

if I’m investing that much on a used pair, keep,your butt covered with info, prices, what,to expect if work is needed.

inspect them before purchase.