Wilson Alexx V

The new Alexx V is to be released at the end of this month 3/29/21.  Any thoughts or predictions on how this one will compare to the current one.  I know no one will know for sure until it’s out.  They say it’s based off the XVX.  I believe this one may rival the XLF in a smaller package. New tweeter, midrange and increase in bass enclosure size and the new Xcaps.  More efficient?  Any thoughts?
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xcarey1110
I know it is a competitive business but I wonder what type of development work speaker manufacturers do and how much they spend on R&D.  I imagine a lot of the work is simply hours of listening to the speakers since measurements cannot tell the whole story.  Developing robust manufacturing processes and tooling for relatively low volume production can be costly too.  It is a high risk investment of time and money to service a fickle market.  I have a lot of respect for many of these speaker manufacturers including Thiel which exists now only in the history books.  We have benefitted in the advancement of this 100 year old technology with CAD and modern manufacturing processes.  It is reassuring to see these companies work to further the art and hopefully delight us with some new surprises.
Tremendous research goes into a new Wilson. First they have to determine just how big, ungainly, and expensive their market will tolerate. Then considerable effort goes into making sure the final result is just hard enough to drive that someone with enough money and determination might just be able to do it. Finally of course the top end must rip your ears off, or Fremer will never approve, and there goes that one down the memory hole. You can see by the way the boxes are stacked and connected together they have this routine down to a fine art. But still every new one we have to wait and see just how colossal a mess it will be. The suspense is killing me!