The Lifespan of an LP?

How many times can one play a new vinyl lp before the sound noticeably degrades? For the purpose of the exercise, assume one takes decent care of the record and has a properly set up and maintained, good quality deck and stylus. My system has been taking quantum leaps in quality over the last three years and I find myself buying more mint and near-mint vintage  records on Discogs and audiophile remastered records from MoFi etc. Thanks!
heilbron
I still listen to LP's that I bought 50 years ago. I did damage a few with cheap turntables and cartridges, but with good equipment and care, they may outlast you.
I use Last record preservative. Don't know about vinyl wear but records sound a touch better after treatment. Last has been proven to be a good stuff, I heard.
A long long time.
I stole my dad's collection when I moved out in 1975.  I remember he playing them on a Magnavox phono console in the late 50's.  I played them till 2010ish.  Those records saw a bunch of systems  Always sounded good.  Even when played before or after newer pressings.   
Chakster is right and practical for life. Unless you listen to the same for ever, they easily outlast us as I have vinyl from others lives that are still mint even though played dozens of times. 
I heard it is not a good idea to play a record more often than once a day. They say it needs time to 'recover', whatever it is.