Horning owners what amps have you used?

Just curious what amps other owners, or previous owners, of the Aristoteles, Eufrodite, Agathon or Perikles have used. Chime in even if you don't own these speakers but have an opinion.

I know most everyone has heard these speakers with the TRON Discovery or Telstar at RMAF and the 211 is heavenly IMO, but way out of my price range.

I have the Aristoteles Zigma and a Thoress 300B SET (8w). I love it, but like anyone else who is possessed with sound addiction, as Neil says: rust never sleeps.

Has anyone used anything less than 8 watts? Or more power like a 300B PP or 845? I do have a Berning ZH270, and unlike a fellow Audiogon-er who had the ZH230 and Eufrodite and thought highly of the match, the ZH270 sound is not my thing.
dpe
I use Art Audio Jota monos (Emission Labs 520 output tubes) to drive my Eufrodite Ultimate Zigmas, as I did on Agathon Ultimates before them, both have been great matches... I think the speakers see about 24 watts output maximum, but I've never gotten close to maximum gain on my preamp.

I think the extra power might just be giving these speakers a little extra jump, but couldn't swear to it, as I've certainly heard them both sound spectacularly good with less power- both at Jeff's loft and at several of his show set-ups.

Hope this helps.

Kevin
Believe it or not, these speakers do well with some power. Or, at least, a lower power amp with some bottom end. Well, maybe it's not surprising, given the amount of woofer cone they have. The wrong amp will really show poorly, far worse than with a lot of loudspeakers, and the end result will be thin and harsh.

That being case, I don't recommend 300B amplifiers, not enough grunt. Try something else, and you'll likely wonder at how much music you were missing.

My Atma Sphere M60 and a friend's Transcendents were a terribly poor match. I haven't worked it all out, but OTLs work great with front loaded horns, but seemingly not at all with back loaded horns.

I get very nice results with my Dynaco ST70 and an el cheapo Chinese 6AS7G push-pull integrated. So far, the best I've heard has been the Deja Vu push-pull 2A3. That amp kept me and my non-audiophile headbanging buddy happy spinning things like Led Zeppelin or Kraftwerk at crazy volumes. Most surprising to me, my Jadis DA60 mates exceptionally well with them.
Trelja,
Dpe has already stated twice that he gets excellent results with his Thoress 300b, When it comes to 300b amplifiers there`s quite a range in terms of ultimate performance. Some have 'much' better transformers, stiffer power supplies and part quality than others.
Also much of the grunt/drive factor is influenced by the choice of driver tube. there are many variables that seperate 300b amps from average to outstanding.
To generalize is very in accurate.
Horning makes his own 300b amp, he must find them quite capable I`d assume. Some 300b amps would just be okay and there are others that would drive these Hornings to hell and back.
Best Regards,
Correction,
The Horning amp is`nt 300b based but my point remains the same.The overall quality of the amp matters more than the specific output tube and stated power ratings don`t tell the entire story.