Brand new Technics SL-1210GR platter wobble ... disappointed!

Got a brand new Technics SL-1210 GR. Tonearm bearing feels good, no other issues, but it has a wobbly platter. Not as bad as I have seen in Hanpins, but should a $1700 table made in Japan have this amount of wobble? My Project belt driven TT has no wobble that I can see with naked eye.

I have uploaded 3 videos on YT. Can you guys take a look and tell me if this is acceptable for a $1700 TT w/ no cart?

Debating whether I should accept this or return it. I do not want to send a brand new TT for service. FYI, I did reseat the platter at various angles to see if the wobble went away, but no such luck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Du8rBwvrhVM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQsdpmKrXhc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm7ghWgcqFo

P.S. Apologies for a bit of camera shake, but I think it is clear to see the platter move up/down

128x128dandaroy
I have heard about this issue from three different people now that backed up their claims with video. It must be an issue.

I was lucky. Mine was flawless and sounds amazing. But damn, would be flaming mad if they made me wait for a fix.
That dude at Cruchfield is full of it. Return it. I’ve had 5 or 6 1200s, never had this problem. Even after dragging them to gigs repeatedly for 20+ years. Get your money back.
Chakster, Rega and pro-ject are not junk! I really wish you would stop! Just because you seemingly favor a direct drive, in particular "technics" (which by the way was developed for dj- ing) does not mean a belt drive is junk. You seem hell bent at every turn to call them junk. Some of the highest priced turntable in the world are of a belt driven design, not direct drive. Pro-ject in particular produces turntables any where from 299 to well over 6, 7, or 8 grand! All belt driven....my pro-ject the classic sb with hana el will give your technics a good run for the money. So would my mmf-7.3 music hall. I’ve owned direct drives in the 80’s. One was a denon dp37f, little brother to the dp47f, as well as an older direct drive technics. Neither were as good as what I currently own. Heck, even my fully automatic Thorens td-240-2 belt drive with floating sub chassis and beautiful walnut wood bass is better than any dj looking technics. It is just as heavy, with better isolation, better tonearm,  and better looking.
To be honest with the op, I do not see that much of a wobble in any of those videos. I’ve seen a lot worse! It seemingly is mostly/hardly noticeable on the bottom portion of that platter. When looking at the top, I do not notice much if any wobble. The top is what id be concerned about. I am tempted to say that it is within tolerance and I doubt there would be too much improvement in a replacement. I've been through this with another brand....went through 3 of them and all three had similar issue, to a lesser degree. 
@tyray, Technics 1980 is a different company than Technics 2021. Technics 1980 would never have considered moving to Malaysia. They obviously do not care about their Japanese employees. 
@lewm , now with just a small group we have three examples. 
Yes, I am a Sota fan. I just bought one of their top units. But, when I mention what I believe are the best turntables I am careful to include others that I believe perform at the same or higher level, SME, Basis, Avid, Dohmann, Oracle and so forth. If I discount the Technics for anything it is not having a suspension and being adequately isolated. Next would be that fact that it is direct drive which from my experience years ago runs against my grain. They were so bad back then that I have not bothered to look at them since. Maybe they are better now. But, I would never buy a turntable without an adequate suspension. I do not know of a direct drive with an adequate suspension. As far as QC is concerned I think that depends more on the philosophy of the company than on their size. QC is expensive and you would think a large company could afford more of it. On the other hand large companies have investors who only care about profits. Privately owned small companies are usually more concerned about their reputation. I have never seen a bad comment about Sota.
Somebody mentioned the Technics platter being machined from billet aluminum. While that may be true of the SP 10 the others are machined from inferior castings. With a heavy casting that can be fine but with thinner ones you can run into trouble like this.