The Absolute Sound vs Pleasing Sound

I have changed my mind about this over the years. The absolute sound (closest to real live music) just can't be accomplished even though I have heard some spectacular systems that get close on some music. So years ago I changed my system to give me the sound I wanted. I'm much happier now and all my music collection can be enjoyed for what it is: Recorded music.  
128x128russ69
Another element is that even those of us with really good hearing do not hear live performance exactly the same, though it should be close.
So, one will prefer these speakers and another - those. But it should not be far apart. I think, Frog prefers big electrostatic speakers and quite a number of audiophiles do. I don't. Does it mean that my hearing is worse ? Maybe, maybe not. My musician friend also prefers electrostatics, by the way. I know this - I hate horns, any horns.
Post removed 
@glupson, I have also recorded/played a piano,  guitar and cello in my room.  I try and set up my system/room to get as close to the timber and decay of the notes/tones played by unamplified instruments;  This method works for my tastes. By the way, I am  NOT a musician.  Again,  the sound reproduced, has to be enjoyed to our different likings.

Respectfully, 
Jose
@russ69, excellent thread.  I've enjoyed reading and learning from some very insightful posts.

Respectfully, 
Jose