Do I need a phono amp if I own an integrated amp?

I am new to vinyl and am learning the ins and outs of owning a high-end turntable. The most important question is: do I need a phono amp if I have an integrated amp? Can I just play the table off the integrated amp? Please answer.
Also, which is better for beginners, the Pro-ject Debut III or the Rega P2?
tstyes
Tstyes,
Looking at your system you appear to already own a Linn LP12 Sondek turntable. Also you're running seperates rather than an integrated, does your Kollector preamp have a phono input? If not then how are you running your turntable? Given the quality of the rest of your system, Linn CD12 and Klimax amps, I would think you would have some knowledge of the ins and outs of vinyl. I'm sorry to be so inquisitive, it's just you have the system of a seasoned "Linn-phile" while asking the questions of s true begginer.
If your intergated has a phono stage built in you will not need an external one as people have said.
I have one built in my Musical Fidelity A300.
I did add a dedicated phono stage later and it sounds much better than the built in one.
I added a Hagerman Cornet.
Buy a used phono stage if you get one.

Also, I might suggest a Technics SL -1200 turntable.
Some folks not crazy about direct drive, but I love mine and others think it competes with tables costing much more with some basic tonearm mods.
Take a look at KABUSA.com

http://www.kabusa.com/frameset.htm?index.htm
Good Luck.
Be careful with the phono input label. I know that there are models of E.A.R. integrated amps that have phono inputs, and a phono position on the source selector switch...but this is still just a line level input! I guess that they just did this for labeling convenience...but you will still need a phono pre-amp. I don't know if there are other manufactures who have done the same thing.
You will not need a separate phono stage if your integrated has one built in(see above) but it is a very low cost way to improve your sound, as most built in stages are just so-so. From an excellent Bellari phono pre for about $ 140 used, up to the best out there from Boulder or Manley,running into the 5 figure range, and everything in between(Lehman Black Cube, Hagerman Cornet, as well as Channel islands and Audio Experience are good mid-range phono pre's) you have a lot of good choices. If you need one - or just want to up the ante on vinyl playback go for it! - Good luck from one LP12 owner to another.