Magic returns in seldom used bookshelves?

Has anyone else pulled out a pair of less expensive ( in this case a pair of Ascend Sierra 2 non ex) speakers and really consider returning them to the "main" system.  I currently have a pair of really really nice Salk Song 3 BeAts ( mine are the ones on Jim's site in Fireburst Carpathian Elm Burl...gorgeous they are) and while I really really like them they have rarely if ever given me that "chills big huge smile" on several songs like the little Sierra's do? Everything else in system has remained consistent, but man on man, am I crazy to be considering selling my Salks and upgrading my little Sierra's to the new ex version for a nominal cost?
menosavy
Maybe a naive question, but if you like the sound of your little Sierras, why wouldn't you just return them to your system as you say?  Why would you 'upgrade' ('replace') them with something else?
Fair question. I am seriously think of doing exactly that, but am conflicted which is why I posed the question. I don't want to regret selling absolutely gorgeous Salks that sound really good, just not magical. I suppose the upgrade on the Sierra's comes from what others experienced from the upgrade.

I could get a really good buck for these pristene Salks too, but conflicted at possible regret. 
Perhaps it’s a case of familiarity breeds contempt?

Sometimes we can start to overly dwell on the attributes that least please us ahead of those that do.

Perhaps you began to worry about the obvious weaknesses of the Sierras - the lack of deep bass, perhaps the lack of scale?

Maybe that temporarily blinded you to their inherent strengths - a fabulous midrange and clean top end?

The Ascend Sierra 2s will always be excellent loudspeakers within their operating range.

The ribbon tweeter and bamboo cabinets more or less guarantee that.