The Absolute Sound vs Pleasing Sound

I have changed my mind about this over the years. The absolute sound (closest to real live music) just can't be accomplished even though I have heard some spectacular systems that get close on some music. So years ago I changed my system to give me the sound I wanted. I'm much happier now and all my music collection can be enjoyed for what it is: Recorded music.  
128x128russ69
@glupson
This is absolutely correct. More and more artists are getting involved in that process to ensure that their message is getting out as envisioned. Thanks for pointing that out. 
"...unamplified acoustic performances remain the standard for judging how close our systems get to the sound of live."

@russ69 
I've been to hundreds of shows. For me, I'm with Russ. It is more important to like what you are hearing that for it to conform to some standard. Try it, you may indeed just like it.
"...I expect to hear what Miles Davis intended for me to hear..."

Did you know the tape machine was reported as running slow? 

"...It is more important to like what you are hearing that for it to conform to some standard. Try it, you may indeed just like it..."

Thanx, That's what I am saying. Good or bad, it's all for your enjoyment. It's not a contest to see who can play Also sprach Zarathustra at music hall levels or who's system measures the flattest. .    
Of course it is for one’s enjoyment. Who said otherwise? What some if you guys miss is the fact that, for some, when the reproduced sound gets as close as possible to the sound of real that is, in fact, when there is the most enjoyment. Enjoy your music any way you want. Me? I want realism.
Post removed