to buy or not to buy (ultrasonic record cleaner)

Hi Audiogoners,

So I have been considering investing in an ultrasonic record cleaning maching. Prob like some of you I question the ROI. So. I have a friend that purchased one and luckily he allowed me to take it for a spin (no pun intended).

I wanted to compare the results to my record cleaning system which is a Spin clean ($150) and a Record doctor record Vacuum ($300). I wont say what brand of ultrasonic cleaner I tested as not to disparage, or promote that brand publicly to be fair. if you want to know which one you can send me a private msg.

so to keep it simple I will let you judge for yourself. I have posted two pics taken with a USB microscope to my virtual systems page. Test1 and test 2. One of these pics was taken after cleaning with my system and the other with the ultrasonic cleaner

Can you tell which one is the ultrasonic??

should be intersting
barnettk
Ultrasonic is the only hat to go. Vac is fine for spot cleaning but US is the best.
Well the jury is still out for me on the US machine. I think maybe I need to find a dirty record of which I have none to actually see what this think will do. So maybe both my cleaning test and listing test is skewed from the perspective of I’m cleaning clean records or relatively clean anyway. Might go to the record store and find a dirty record. Just a little reluctant to test it with my cartridge just to prove a point. 
Ultrasonic, distilled water, 20 drops of Tergikleen in 6 gallon tank. That's what you need for best results in my experience.