Magnepan 3.6, 3.7 or Tannoy Westminister SE

I have owned and listen to Magnepan 3.6 for more than 6 years and also have experienced with the following amplifiers:
Audio Note, VAC, Mc275, Canary and Pass.
I like SET sound yet the Maggies are the "best" I can experienced until recently the limited experience with Tannoy.
I need all those Maggies lovers who are being converted into Tannoy, if any, to speak out of their experience.
Bottom line is the Maggies is difficult to draw and Tannoy is easy.
May be I am looking for an easy way out?
Or, did I just start a "huge" can of worms.
Please advice
robertwolfee
I have had the 3.6 for many years and if fed properly, they are splendid....pass, bryston, parasound, some high power tube amps, etc. A Tannoy is a very different sound. The maggie treble is legendary and only bested by what I hear from TAD and plasma horn treble by the ionovac tweeter which has a dispersion of nearly 165 degrees and is flat out to about 100k. Acapella uses a version of a plasma as does another maker. But for the money, maggie is a real tough act to economically or sonically do better in natural sound and transparency. A must is have both in your room, play your typical music and then pull the trigger. Jallen
If you have the money for Westminster SE's AND listen to classical music buy them.
Oh, I understood that this is not a fair fight in terms of pricing; however, the purpose is to see if any Maggies' owner would change to Tannoy given that they also like or fall for the SET sound.
I am one of those who like SET sound yet fall for the Maggies type of presentation.
Yet, one recent experience might change my choice for the speakers.
This is because I always find that the Maggies are very demanding on the power as well as the qaulity of the amplifier.
I have used a lot of the so-called powerful tube amplifiers; for example, the Sonic Frontiers Power 3 with all the updates from Parts Connection, McIntosh MC275, Pass Labs and VAC signature 220. The result is good yet, after hearing what the Tannoy will do; it is kind of unforgetable.
(Previous post was because I couldn't log in earlier.)

Based on what I've read, I have a feeling it's going to be the TW's for you.

I've had the Maggie 3.6's for over 10 yrs. I love them and have another system with SET amps mated with the "proper" speakers so I know that sound and I love it also. I don't think one is better than the other. They both have their strengths. The Maggies have that "wall of sound/dipole" experience and my SET/hi-eff system has a dynamic contrast sort of thing. I know what you mean by "kind of unforgetable". I'd say, get the TW's and live with them for awhile.