Is the Cary SLP-05 still relavant?

Given the history and reviews of this preamp with its ability for tube rolling and its "Ultimate" upgradeability, Where does it stand as a premium offering vs something like the PS Audio BHK? Is it still relevant? It still gets sporadic press, but has fallen out from Stereophile recommended equipment list.
cvman
still lovi’n my 05 !
backed off the gain on my parasound a21+ to 50 percent, 75 % started to sound too rich, almost like a loudness contour was switched on.
added a NOS quad of sylvania 6SN7 GTA and they improved the midrange and treble quite a bit, midrange is clearer, treble sweet and refined. Also put the stock sovtek rectifier back in.
this thing was already a keeper but getting it dialed in at 150 hours the sound will be impossible to part with.
fyi the sound continued to change after 100 hrs so take the Cary recommendation lightly.
i leave the power unit on and switch the units on or off with the preamp power switch per Cary.  
Thanks for power off thoughts. I am planning on trying some Sylvania 7n7’s with adapter if they ever show up. I am probably at about 100 hours now.

analoguehaven...I am not a preamp expert, lots of opinions here and in the press. If you are looking for a neutral, very musically pleasing and gorgeous tube pre under $10k then the Cary should definitely be on you short list to evaluate in your system. Only caveats: it has alot of tubes, as mentioned above gain is high and no phono stage but at this price point most everyone running vinyl will have a phonostage. I am totally loving mine too since it hit my system a month ago.
@analoghaven 

when Cary direct has a sale the SLP 05 is listed for $5397.  Answer- No.