Need a power amp for a pair of ATC SCM 11's

Hi,
I'm new to this forum, but have been lurking a good while and finally I'm in need of some sage advice!
I'm in the process of purchasing a pair of ATC SCM 11's and I can't figure out what the best power amp would be.
The preamp is an RME ADI 2 DAC, which I love and is so customisable, so I'm kinda commited on that front.

I've seen recommendations here before for the Quad 909, there's a few of them on ebay at decent prices.
Another amp I've seen recommended is the  Wyred 4 Sound ST-500 mkII. 

Should I push the boat and spend the extra on the Wyred 4 Sound, or find a nice bargain on the Quad 909?

Any other recommendations or advice is extremely welcome!

Thanks a lot :-)
moomalade74
Thanks for the tip, I had a look around and there doesn't seem to be one available second hand anywhere, I'll keep my eye out!
Seems like it's going to take a while to resolve this, but best wait and get the best gear.
Thanks again!
Yes, it's a pitfall to get whatever happens to be the best/most appropriate piece of gear that's currently available out of impatience, but you're starting a years-long relationship with your system. It would be like marrying the kinda right person because you felt ready to make a premature move.
There are lots of other great amps in your price range, of course. I'm just promoting the one I happen to know about. Perhaps others will chime in.
As far as class D , the QSC & CROWN amps do a very good job, and do not sound dull or lifeless as most class D does.

Most are fairly inexpensive, but they have a fan, this may not be your choice.

QSC - PLX 1802 is a fine amp. Plenty of power with a AB output circuitry. Plenty of power, and sounds great, but then again, has a fan.
NO rca plugs either :(
xlr 
Thanks for the advice, not sure if I'm on  board with the idea of a fan, it'll be on a desktop, so might be a bit close to me.

Lots to consider.. 
i would think the wyred unit will do well w the atc's

atc's sound great but need tremendous power and grip to drive them well

w4s unit will do that, and it has a nice tonality to boot

i would take that over an old quad amp, as they are old, may need recap and other service