Need a power amp for a pair of ATC SCM 11's

Hi,
I'm new to this forum, but have been lurking a good while and finally I'm in need of some sage advice!
I'm in the process of purchasing a pair of ATC SCM 11's and I can't figure out what the best power amp would be.
The preamp is an RME ADI 2 DAC, which I love and is so customisable, so I'm kinda commited on that front.

I've seen recommendations here before for the Quad 909, there's a few of them on ebay at decent prices.
Another amp I've seen recommended is the  Wyred 4 Sound ST-500 mkII. 

Should I push the boat and spend the extra on the Wyred 4 Sound, or find a nice bargain on the Quad 909?

Any other recommendations or advice is extremely welcome!

Thanks a lot :-)
moomalade74
Presumably, you're looking for something good and reasonably priced.I have not listened to the new Quads but certainly liked their older models.
Alternatively, how about considering one of ATC's own amps? They are quite good and not very expensive. Another contender would be an integrated from Musical FIdelity. The (top of the line) ones I listened to about 1 yr ago were impressively good for their price.

Hi,
Thanks for the advice.
Yes, I'm looking for something sensibly priced in the context of the cost of the SCM 11's and RME dac.
Unfortunately the ATC power amp, the P1 - Dual Mono costs £2,800, which is too rich for my blood. 
Hence I was looking at the Wyred 4 Sound, which is relatively cheap £1,500.
I can get a Quad 909 for around £800 second hand, so that looks like a great option but I just don't know how suitable it would be.

I'm focused on a power amp as the RME will be the preamp and dac source, so I figured to keep the signal path clean it was better to avoid an integrated amp.

Thanks again

You will need some juice to get those to sound their best.

A good A/B amp with a min of 200 WPC would be best.

Stay away from class D with bookehelf speakers, 

or you can try it out, and go through the return process.

happy hunting
If you can find a Musical Fidelity A308, you'll have a great match with money left over. Mine drives ATC SCM 40 v2s. 150 watts and other good power specs -- more than enough for your speakers. (If I go up to eleven o'clock, my ears hurt.) Similar sound signature. Built like a tank.
Thanks for the tip, I had a look around and there doesn't seem to be one available second hand anywhere, I'll keep my eye out!
Seems like it's going to take a while to resolve this, but best wait and get the best gear.
Thanks again!