BS Node 2i: WiFi or Ethernet..?

Greetings from snowy Chicago.

My rig:

Bluesound Node 2i
Chord Qutest (with Teddy Pardo LPS)
Belles Soloist 1 int am
Dynaudio Special 40s

I stream Tidal mostly and my router is in the same room as my Node in the basement and I have very strong wifi signal.
But, cant direct connect the Node to network w/o running a 15’ cable.

My question:

- Has anyone heard better SQ results by using ethernet connectivity with Node 2i compared to just using WiFi?
- Am curious if using a wireless "access point" then connecting it to Node 2i via ethernet would sound "better".

Any thoughts or experiences out there?
Thanks.

ianrmack
Not that I mean to hijack the thread as the OP is looking for a relative benefit for going Ethernet as opposed to wifi. User experiences seem to vary from it making a difference to little or no improvement and my take on this may be related perhaps to the variables of wifi from one installation to another. Different streamers may work better with one or the other depending on their intrinsic relative implementation of wifi/ethernet

The third option, although only useful for digital files you have in house, is the built in USB input on the node 2i.

Now that SSD drives are quiet, have no movable parts, have large storage capacity and  are reasonable in cost, there is a third option for your local files.

In my system, I prefer the sound of a CD resolution or better file played from an SSD drive into the USB input of the Node 2i to the exact same file on an old school hard drive connected to my network. Has anyone else tried this? Is it the direct USB input or the nature of file retrieval from an SSD drive that is creating the more realistic and dynamic sound I am hearing.
I’m also running a Node 2i into a Qutest. I didn’t notice an audible difference between WiFi and Ethernet using Qobuz, but the little orange status light on the back of the Node when you have a cable plugged in bugged the hell out of me. Made my decision easy. 
feldmen4,

I did not quite understand your issue but if it is a distance problem, you can always use a learning bridge to extend your range and connectivity.

This device will do it for you perfectly.  I have 3 of these at home and ALL my connections are wired to the back of my home router and I have absolutely no connectivity or interference issues.

https://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-Ethernet-Unmanaged-Internet-Splitter/dp/B00QR6XFHQ/ref=sxts_sxwds-bia...

alephresearch

Ethernet wire does not introduce or capture any noise to its destination.  All is taken care of by the checksumming and error correction codes.

There should be absolutely no problems.  I use more than 100 ft of ethernet cabling almost everywhere in my house coz they all first go up into the attic and then down, and I experience absolutely no issues.

As long as you do not exceed the maximum length requirements of a category 6/7/8 cable, there should be NO problem.