BS Node 2i: WiFi or Ethernet..?

Greetings from snowy Chicago.

My rig:

Bluesound Node 2i
Chord Qutest (with Teddy Pardo LPS)
Belles Soloist 1 int am
Dynaudio Special 40s

I stream Tidal mostly and my router is in the same room as my Node in the basement and I have very strong wifi signal.
But, cant direct connect the Node to network w/o running a 15’ cable.

My question:

- Has anyone heard better SQ results by using ethernet connectivity with Node 2i compared to just using WiFi?
- Am curious if using a wireless "access point" then connecting it to Node 2i via ethernet would sound "better".

Any thoughts or experiences out there?
Thanks.

ianrmack
You right !!! Anyway with entry level streamer you probably couldn’t feel any difference between connection types. 
billzame
You're correct - the Hosa cable has the same size blades.
The Node operates either way it's plugged in but I just made sure not to twist the cable when I plugged it in assuming it might make a difference.

On Amazon, it's this one:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000H6QUBA/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Here is the Hosa page:
https://hosatech.com/products/power/power-cords/pwp-426/

I have a Node 2 as well as an NAD C658. I can detect no difference in SQ when using WiFi vs Ethernet.   

Like  sfgak1 I use ethernet via powerline adapters. A very simple solution vs running ethernet cables over extended distances. 
I have a Node 2 and a Node 2i in separate systems.  The sound quality in both systems is better with a wired ethernet connection.  

The Node 2i is in my AV system.  I recently started using a fiber ethernet converter to convert the ethernet to fiber which is then connected optically to a Uptone Audio EtherREGEN.  The Node 2i and an Ultra Roku are connected to the EtherREGEN.  A further improvement to the SQ of the Node 2i and sound and picture quality of the Roku.
Not that I mean to hijack the thread as the OP is looking for a relative benefit for going Ethernet as opposed to wifi. User experiences seem to vary from it making a difference to little or no improvement and my take on this may be related perhaps to the variables of wifi from one installation to another. Different streamers may work better with one or the other depending on their intrinsic relative implementation of wifi/ethernet

The third option, although only useful for digital files you have in house, is the built in USB input on the node 2i.

Now that SSD drives are quiet, have no movable parts, have large storage capacity and  are reasonable in cost, there is a third option for your local files.

In my system, I prefer the sound of a CD resolution or better file played from an SSD drive into the USB input of the Node 2i to the exact same file on an old school hard drive connected to my network. Has anyone else tried this? Is it the direct USB input or the nature of file retrieval from an SSD drive that is creating the more realistic and dynamic sound I am hearing.