BS Node 2i: WiFi or Ethernet..?

Greetings from snowy Chicago.

My rig:

Bluesound Node 2i
Chord Qutest (with Teddy Pardo LPS)
Belles Soloist 1 int am
Dynaudio Special 40s

I stream Tidal mostly and my router is in the same room as my Node in the basement and I have very strong wifi signal.
But, cant direct connect the Node to network w/o running a 15’ cable.

My question:

- Has anyone heard better SQ results by using ethernet connectivity with Node 2i compared to just using WiFi?
- Am curious if using a wireless "access point" then connecting it to Node 2i via ethernet would sound "better".

Any thoughts or experiences out there?
Thanks.

ianrmack

Showing 3 responses by rnrmf1971

I’ve used my Bluesound Node 2i with both wifi and connected via ethernet and I’m hard pressed to notice much of any difference in quality.

My internet setup is the last generation Netscape Orbi and I compared by running ethernet from one of the satellites vs connecting via wifi which can come from satellites or the router depending on network traffic

Also, I'll echo what was said above - the biggest upgrade to the Node 2i was the power cable; 
I found my favorites to be a $10 Hosa cable from Amazon US to the $240 Acoustic Revive Absolute Power from Amazon Japan. Ultimately, I preferred the Acoustic Revive but the Hosa is better than some much more expensive cables I tried.
billzame
You're correct - the Hosa cable has the same size blades.
The Node operates either way it's plugged in but I just made sure not to twist the cable when I plugged it in assuming it might make a difference.

On Amazon, it's this one:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000H6QUBA/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Here is the Hosa page:
https://hosatech.com/products/power/power-cords/pwp-426/

@andyusa11 

I thought coax sounded better than optical when I connected my Node to my DAC.

Optical was thinner sounding. I was surprised by the difference.

As it turned out, different coax cables also altered tone in my system whereas optical was consistent with a few different cables I tried.

I mostly liked an inexpensive Blue Jeans Cable the most out of some fairly expensive coax cables I compared against. It sounded most natural/neutral.