Looking for a new phono preamp

Hi,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Here's the deal. I'd like to find a new phono preamp. I'd prefer solid state, tubes get noisy too fast. My latest cartridge is an AT-ART9XA. I'm currently running thru a sut into a cj pv10a with phono stage, but I have just got my hands on a Bel Canto pre5 that the new phono pre will be paired with.

I've got a hard upper limit of $2.5k, less is OK for the right unit. I'm looking to buy new. Dealers around me aren't really set up to demo vinyl, so I'm hoping the collective experience in here can at least point me in the right direction. Hopefully, it would have a one month return policy so I can try out the preamp.

TIA.

PsychoicReaction
psychoticreaction
I've had a good experience with tube phono stages.   I recently upgraded my solid state phono stage to an Icon Audio valve unit and there is much greater clarity and a darker (noise free) background.    
+1 with the Herron.  I tried several (SS and tubes) and decided from the comments in this group to give it a try.  I bought a used one that Keith upgraded to 2a status.  Dead quiet and Keith is a resource. Anytime I have called, Keith has personally answered (even on a weekend) and his advice has been spot on.  My unit, is dead quiet and even with attenuation at 12 o’clock I can’t tell if my phono is on, it’s that quiet.  I was waiting for the right Aesthetix Io to become available but am so pleased, I think my search is over.  Could not recommend more
With regard to the Herron, am I reading it right that it is a hybrid design? The MC section is a fet based ss stage?