Embarrassed....Audio furniture help

Well, I swore I'd never let a woman dictate my two channel system but here we are.  Wife and I bought our first new home, I've got a small but adequate second living area for my system.  Problem is, as mentioned, my wife.  Setup will consist of CD player, AppleTV unit and integrated amp.  May add a streamer at some point but we'll cross that bridge later.  I'm using a pair of bookshelves and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

Here's the rub....She is demanding an A/V credenza, so speakers sitting on the credenza on either side of the TV.  Of course I'd love a vertical audio stand and be able to use speaker stands but it's too open, too many exposed cables, blah blah, you know the story.  

Question of the day:  can anyone point me in the right direction?  I need minimum 18" depth and all the awful Crate and Barrel stuff she recommends isn't up to my audio standards.  Needs something with doors for a clean look but I still need my IR signal to work.  Because the speakers aren't going on stands, I'd like something at least 20" tall.  A lot of the fashionable stuff is 14-16" tall, putting the tweeters way below ear level in the listening position.  

Any help would be much appreciated.  

Sincerely,

Man shaking his head with a borderline resigned look

cjlundberg
The Amish do a great job with woodworking and offer a variety of solid wood designs such as solid cherry, quartersawn white oak, and more, plus your choice of stains and finishes.  The furniture is usually very solid and well-built to support audio gear.  The styles lean more toward traditional than modern but there are many options.  Here is just one example of a company you could look at but if you do a search you will find many more.  Most of it seems to come from Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Indiana.
Like mijostyn said;  'There are some things in life that are just non-negotiable!'
 ... so now I'm single ! 😂

The Lesson Learned; 
My happiness was contingent upon hers! 
If you don’t want to spent thousands, take a look at the collection (can be delivered) on Costco of all places. I have 2 Salamander Design pieces, but not everyone wants to spend $3K - $10K. Can't hurt to look: https://www.costco.com/entertainment-centers-TV-stands.html
I would recommend to build your own rack and you can make it with any size and type of shelving you want to also you can leave it open to ventilate all the equipment.
Wow, I guess I'm lucky. My wife has no say in how I display my audio gear. But then, she's not the typical picky aesthetic type either. I was fortunate to build (along with a good friend) my own audio rack out of solid maple and mahogany. It looks great and my wife likes it too. I will soon have a matching CD cabinet to go with it. There are many options out there and as @mitch2 said, check out Amish furniture. They make really nice stuff!