MQA Dac playing non MQA sources

First time post and trying to learn all I can.  Planning to buy a Dac soon along with a CD player.  It’s going to be connected to my McIntosh integrated amp. To the point.... if I buy a MQA Dac will everything else still play through it with no problem? If MQA is not needed can I choose to bypass it and still get quality sound?  
canoe
+1 to jjjss above.

Not all MQA is equal either. Lots of MQA files are 16/44 so basically CD/FLAC. Some are 24/96, some higher, and a *very* few go all the way to  24 bit / 352 kHz.
Thanks for all the replies. Very helpful. When you read about MQA , it does look like there are strong opinions of both sides with everyone. I don’t have to have it. I just wanted to make sure I was not cheating myself by not getting it.  I’m retiring in a year and plan to get this all in place soon.  Thanks again..
@canoe

if you spend a little time, describe the rest of your system (be specific) and room, and musical preferences, the type of sound you like (lively, smooth, warm, super clear/crisp etc etc) we here would be happy to make specific suggestions for you, give you the type of sound you seek

you know that if you want to play with mqa, you will need a tidal masters subscription yes?