Which speakers did you find bright, fatiguing or just disappointing in some way?

OK, controversial subject but it needs asked. I'm curious for your experiences, mainly in your home, not a dealer and esp. not a show demo
greg7

Mahgister, have you tried dsp?

Digital signal processing ....No....

Dsp is not acoustic treament and not purely acoustical controls...

It is not designed to replace mechanical (vibrations and resonance) controls...

It is not designed to lower the floor noise of the house grid...

It can help....

I dont need it ....

And remember that my goal is peanuts cost Higher S.Q.

I succeed to a great extent then i dont need nor want to invest money in DSP...

But i will try a free program this summer to adjust my speakers and room with a mic to finetune my results...

My system is more than good now at 2 listening different positions....I trashed so to speak  my 7 pairs of headphones.... Then... I think that my room/speakers are good now... 😊
Sometimes its not the speaker but the combination of the speaker/amp and room that causes such brightness.

Also, many people find horn speakers too bright, but, in actuality, they may be driven by the wrong electronics or, better yet, they are right and what you have been listening to previously was wrong.  I've heard some excellent horn speakers.

it may sound good to your ears, but, may not be correct.  I can't tell you how many speakers I've heard where the bass was way over the top and people were sitting there enjoying it.  no way was it recorded that way.  But, they had ear to ear grins on.

years ago I heard a McIntosh system, amp/speakers, etc. that literally drove me out of the sound room.  However, I don't believe that they equipment was properly broken in.  

One must be careful taking someone else's word on equipment.  As you can see on this forum, there are many people that are very biased in their opinions of equipment.  And worst, they haven't even heard the equipment you are talking about.  

Go to audio shows (when Covid is over) and listen.  I've been to many and read reviews from others that claim that the particular system sounded like crap.  I was in the same room and in my opinion, the system sounded quite good.  you have to hear and see for yourself.  

enjoy
Klipsch without a doubt. If you want to listen to glass shattering then they are the speakers for you. Anything else and they are too shrill.