New Audio Technica ART9XA Up and Running.....

Just installed a new AT ART9XA cartridge and it sounds excellent, so enjoyable listening to music with this cartridge. It replaces a highly regarded LOMC that was an upgrade from my original ART9.
The ART9XA beats the "highly regarded" one.

The XA is the lower output air core version of the new ART9 series having .2 mv output vs. the new ART9XI with .5 mv.
The XA also has a shibata profile vs. the SLC of the XI.

Hat's off to the threads on this forum that started the legend of the ART9 (Pani and Oregon Pappa) 

I am loving my recordings more than ever with the new XA. Peace.  
avanti1960
Hi there
With a need for replacement of my Clearaudio cartridge, these newer AT cartridges have come into play in my decision making.
Question I have is revolving around a Clearaudio phono pre that has fixed gain of 60 dB (and fixed load of 500 ohm for what that is worth).
Is that 60 dB a significant limiting issue with the XA version of this?
Thanks
Not sure I'm the right guy to help here, but I switched out preamp MC section resistors to get to 65db gain to handle the XA.  Avanti1960, the OP, is using 64db.

The XA is a very low output cartridge (.2mv) because is it air coil.  You should do some further research to see if 60db gain is adequate to get the best out of the XA.  And maybe Avanti1960 will add some wisdom here.
@beans57    
60 db with the .2mv output of the xa would be lower than i would run.  that amount of gain is minimum for a .3mv cartridge.   currently using 64db with the xa and that is the min i would recommend but 64db gets full performance out of it, no compromises or anything lacking.  
i would recommend the art9 xi or the xa with a sut.  
Many thanks, folks  . . . . .

I may even at this point look to upgrade my phono pre as much as I didn't want to so as to be a bit 'future proof' on cartridge selection 'and' permitting me to try out that XA cartridge.
We'll see . . . .
Beans, I'm wondering if you can speak with Clearaudio and find out if there are any MC output resistors that could be changed to bump your output up past 64 dB.  Or maybe there are some users out there who have done this.

Here's the thing: My Classe Six was "fixed" at 57 dB but the unit came with a slew of loose resistors the owner could use to change the output in 2 dB increments.  When I bought the XA, I changed out 2 resistors (one each channel) to bump the gain to 65 dB.  There were other resistor choices that would reach as high as 75 dB!

No idea if this would be possible with your Clearaudio, but asking around and researching are cheap.  BTW, so are resistors.