Home Theater vintage Thiel set up question

I own a pair of CS2 and can pick up a pair of CS3 reasonably priced. I am driving HT with an NAD power amp ... will these front and surrounds seem like overkill?
Thanks!
bogiedr
Thanks for the replies. I have the space. The center is a Focal 700 which seems to integrate seamlessly with the CS2's. I am using an NAD T955 5 channel amp and it is not breaking a sweat driving the 2's and Focal. Everything is playing nice together, using a Yamaha 700 Aventage as a pre amp. The system sounds very good. My wife comented on the amount of detail not previously present with the AVR's as the only amplification. With the NAD all the speakers have come alive. I am the original owner of the CS2's, (1986), so I am aware of the challenges they create for amplifiers. My NAD experiences tell me the 955 is a good match to the Thiel set up. If for some reason the NAD struggles, (which I doubt), I can always go to a Shearbourne, Marantz, Parasound or Rotel power amplifier. The reason I am so confident in the NAD, I listened to Tom Waits "Used Songs" cd through the NAD + CS2's ... Tom never sounded as good as he did this time!! Let you know how this Gumbo of vintage equipment impersonating Home Theater works out once I have it all in place.
The CS 2's are probably the easiest of Thiels ever made to drive. The Cs 3's are much more difficult to drive. Not only is the impedance lower, the equalizer puts significant demands on the amp. Furthermore, the top end of the CS 3's just might be the "hottest" of any Thiel made, even more so than the CS 2's. Careful amplifier considerations are absolutely mandatory. BTW, I'd suggest trying the CS 3's as the front mains and the CS 2's as the surrounds.
Hi all ! Alot of guys have said the CS3's sound clearer w/o the equalizer . Try it .
Not using the eq would reduce the bass output to the levels of a mini monitor. Part of the appeal of of the 3 series is the time and phase coherence full range bass response in a smaller than expected sealed box. Not using the eq would be a waste of the speakers potential.
I will be using the 3's as fronts and the 2's as surrounds and will not use the equalizer as reccomended by Thiel. I called Thiel, asked about the eq and the Thiel Technical Manager did not reccomend using the eq if a sub is being used. I am using a Hsu Research sub which is pretty powerful. Once everything was hooked up, it sounded excellent! The NAD is not even breaking a sweat. I have the soft clipping engaged, just in case! But so far ... great sound!!