Better XLR/RCA adapters

I know, I know, that's not audiophile way, but I might have to temporarily use them. I heard that Purist Audio is considered the best by some but they are $500 pair, and I don't want to spend $1k on adapters.
So what should I get? Cardas ? Specifically, I would use XLR cables and the current equipment is all RCA.
inna
Just installed XLR > RCA pair, Canare L4E6S star-quad, 1M pr., $30 from GhentAudio.com, Shanghai.  Came in ca. two weeks...excellent product, ordered RCA > XLR complementary pair...highly recommended vendor.
I see. Thank you.
mitch2, there are also Cardas adapters for $150 pair. Is there real difference ? Extra $120 is not a problem if it's worth it.
I was thinking, maybe my memory was playing tricks with me. Purist adapters might be $250 for a pair so $500 for the full set.
I would use XLR cables and the current equipment is all RCA.
I guess you already know that a balanced cable won’t get you any performance improvement?

If it’s something you need to do temporarily, I’d try inexpensive adapters, like those sold by Lynx. You won’t notice the difference from the costly ones.

Remember, you’ll need different adapters at each end to match the differing genders of XLR used at the ends of a balanced cable.

Of course, temporarily. When you buy used sometimes you have to decide quickly if you know what you are looking for. Some cables are very difficult to find, so even if I will need it in a year I will get it now if I see it.