When is digital going to get the soul of music?

I have to ask this(actually, I thought I mentioned this in another thread.). It's been at least 25 years of digital. The equivalent in vinyl is 1975. I am currently listening to a pre-1975 album. It conveys the soul of music. Although digital may be more detailed, and even gives more detail than analog does(in a way), when will it convey the soul of music. This has escaped digital, as far as I can tell.
mmakshak
the cost of replication does not cover the publising per unit, the cost of producing the record or cd in the first place (amortized),the artists' royalty per unit, the musicians' royalties per unit, sync rights per unit if dvd, marketing, distribution, healthcare for artists and employees, freight, sometimes tarrifs, and ultimately, the put-upon retailer must make something.....you simply have to do the math, in any region, in any country...these are intellectual properties, not bubble gum....a tragic crime in any country.
Jabo - Not only they did't fall in love with Chinese people enough to sell them DVDs below cost but they admitted small profit at $1.25 Let me be generous, in spite of such admission, and agree that $3 is the price in China. What the heck - lets make it $5. Why do we have to pay $20?

What regional code is for? It is simply to prevent shipping DVDs back to US (with a profit) - no other reason.
listen to a K2HD or XRCD 24; SACD perhaps. the former two play in regular CD players and in a good system sound phenomenal. Much better in fact than even most well recorded CDs. After listening to K2HD, I concluded there is no rationale reason for SACD. And, my Alesis CD recorder can record perfectly this awesome sound. May sound heretic, but that's what my ears are conveying to my brain............

While I prefer vinyl/analog sources; I have heard players that do put the soul in digital recordings. I have one and it is musical as all get out. I'm even allowed to forget it is digital. Bought second hand it was still very expensive but I can listen for hours on end without fatigue
which is a new experience for me while spinning discs.
I wish I could do the same with vinyl but I can't afford a butler to flip the vinyl
over to side two.