Question on VTF (What should i adjust it to?)

Hi Everyone,

As I continue to proceed down the sinkhole that is Analog Audio.  I was checking the specs on the Cartridge and they specify a range of .3g as what is right.

Me being really analytical and obsessed with what is right, where should one start on setting their VTF to?  I split the baby in the middle and added .15g to the min and have it had it that way since. But now I am thinking should i move it up or move it down?  What should i hear with over and under proper value tracking force?

Thanks as always for the help,

K
kro77
@kro77,
Run in pop is not good if volume setting is too high,  rather a feeling of what to expect. But that's me. Being a new cartridge let it run at max recommended Vtf for a number of hours. Then most likely you will have to do alignments again.

G
Thanks for the tips, will try to up it to 1.6 and then go down from there.  The POP is not crazy loud, just louder than my previous cartridge.  Both are MM types.

Went from Clear Audio Virtuoso (used) to a NOS Voice.
@kro77 , I just got a new Voice but won't have a turntable for another month or so. Do let me know what you think of it. The Voice is a moving iron cartridge. The iron wiggles between the magnet and the coil changing the magnetic flux. The Iron weights much less than magnets or even a coil reducing the effective mass of the moving assembly of the cartridge which should improve tracking. 
Mijo, We don't disagree, but I was not referring to involuntary reflex arcs or the manifestations of mental illness.  I mean, when your wife asks you, "Does this dress make me look fat?", you have to wonder why she thinks it might.  I was really wrong to take off on noromance's advice about VTF.  The most common case in audio is the difference in SQ between copper and silver wire.  Yet, they really do sound a bit different, because there is just no way to control for one's bias in that case.  If you look at the audio signal that has passed through copper vs silver on a 'scope and analyzed for bandwidth and distortion, I doubt you would see a particle of difference.  (Haven't done it, so don't know.)  The retort for that observation is there is more to it than just bandwidth and the kinds of distortion we can easily measure.  This allows us to go on thinking there is a difference between silver and copper wire.  (And I admit to being one of those.)