Do different streamers really sound different when using an external DAC

Maybe this has been posted before but it seems that often when a post is made where someone has gotten better sound it’s because it was the streamer with included DAC that was changed, not just the streamer. No doubt a better internal DAC,  better file resolution, a better music service, will make a difference.

But I just want to see comparison of streamer to streamer with the same DAC implementation. I am currently using a Bluesound Node2i outputting via Coax into a high quality tube DAC
So here’s the million dollar question.

What have been your experiences in upgrading streamers, keeping everything else the same ie, DAC, cables, output type (Coax)? No doubt better control apps and having a display will elevate your experience but how about just sound quality. Anyone?

Thanks

128x128alvinnir2
@fuzztone

I do have an external DAC that I really like that I have the Bluesound hooked into and like what I hear compared to the internal DAC. Just wondering if a streamer upgrade with my new DAC will bring me more. My external DAC does not do MQA, So I am not getting all the unfolds of the MQA process but despite that, MQA Tidal sounds better with the new DAC than full unfold through the internal DAC of the Node 2i.  I'm not convinced that with Tidal Masters MQA of itself is what makes it better. 
@OP,
If I recall, the Node doesn't do a full MQA unfold.-Just the preliminary unfold. Only MQA Dac's do the full unfold.
Whatever.
I never found MQA to be superior to a high resolution version.
YMMV
Bob
@ gdnrbob
The Node 2i does indeed to the full MQA unfold if using it's internal DAC but I do agree with your last comment.

I also run a Node 2i and stream Tidal, and use a tube integrated amp. Curious as which Tube DAC you use? Thanks
It can of course  but in practice I’ve found any difference between two good quality streamers is relatively small compared to most everything  else so it’s about the last thing I would tend to worry about in most cases.