Von Schweikert VR-33

Can anyone who has actually heard them offers some feedback on there sonic traits? I have speakers which I really love in a well thought out, emotional system, but recent room layout changes have reignited an ongoing speaker placement battle which I'm growing quite tired of.

The thought of placing these things a foot or less away from the wall without concerns about toe or anything like that is exteremly appealing.

Anyone with ACTUAL experience, please share your thoughts. I'd rather this thread not dissolve into crap like the prior vr33 thread.
gopher
The RM-9 is a very nice amp, but after hearing an inexpensive integrated, its been removed from my list of considerations.

I'm presently on the lookout for a Rogue Cronus Magnum to mate with my VR-33s. It really synergized well to wake up the somewhat polite-ish Von's and bring dynamics, bass slam, greater texture--a quality more similar to what I missed with my Zu based speaker setup.

I suspect that integrated could keep me happy for a long time and hope one pops up here soon.

I'm using an Audion Preamp and Bella Extreme amp in the meantime with is very nice and quite musical, but I do want the adrenaline shot of the Rogue.
After several months of ownership I have come to the conclusion that, although this amp sounds great with smaller amps, they love some extra power.

I recently started using a Redgum RGi120 ENR amplifier with it and things really opened up nicely. The resulting sound is far more versatile too.
Gotta get around to hearing a Redgum one of these days. It's on the to-do amp list...