Building new system starting with power amp. What would you choose ?

This is not how it usually happens, but what if you simply must have a particular amp and then move with upgrades in both directions? Let's assume that the only source will be RTR deck, so no preamp will be needed.
The price range..how about $15k new or used ?
This is a hypothetical exercise, I am personally not prepared for that yet. However, it would be, theoretically, perfect minimalist audiophile set-up. 
I myself would probably choose either Lamm monoblocks or Gryphon stereo power amp, both used of course.
inna
You must chose the room first, not the amplifier, not the speakers....

No educated listenings ears give a dam about the gear, give me anything, or almost, and i will make it sound good...

It is called embeddings controls and treatment of the working dimensions of the audio system...

Any fixation on a piece of gear is an obsession, call it a taste if you want, but acoustic, mechanic and electricity are the 3 playing ground....

Read me right, i love my Sansui Au 7700, but the room/ears/brain is the main component....
The room we have, is the room we have for most people.  It can be treated in many was, but realistically, unless you are moving, most people are locked into their room.

If you choose your power amp first, you clearly are limiting your speaker choices, and vice versa.  I own Maggies, thus eliminating many amplifier choices and I am good with that.  My amps are McIntosh MC501s and the combination has pleased me for the last 15 years.

Good luck with your selections as building a system is a great joy.
The room we have, is the room we have for most people.
You are right...

I am lucky because i could acoustically transformed my room for my audio system... At no cost at all.... Esthetic dont matter in my audio room ....

But if your audio room is the living room, it is nearly impossible to install at low cost treatament and controls of the room that are cheap.... Esthetic means often costly... i imagine that it is possible anyway in a living room in some case of positive geometry, positive topology, and positive acoustical content materials...