Primaluna EVO 300/400 Preamplifier owners - let's hear from you

I'm curious if anyone owns the EVO 300 or 400 Preamps. Besides what your thoughts are on the sonics I would like to know how it is to live with on a daily basis.

Any issues with powering on/off if your amp is already on? Trying to understand order of operations and how sensitive a process powering on is.

How is the volume control to work with via remote? Can you you get very fine adjustments, or is that only possible with the knob on the unit?

Any thoughts on the Balanced vs Single Ended outputs (for the EVO 400)?
Anyone pair it with a SS amp with good results?

Do the Tape outputs work flawlessly?

Please add anything else you think is of note!

Thanks!
shahram
PrimaLuna Evo400 preamp owner here...almost a year.  Love, love love this preamp!  Warm, detailed, airy with 3 dimensional soundstage.  I am using the OG PL tubes on the outside 12au7s, Brimar and Radiotechnique NOS on the inside 4 12au7 sockets.  The rectifiers are Philips 5R4GYS NOS tubes.

Sublime, and highly recommended.
@orosie Have you compared it to any other preamps?
@rabbotmke Do you feel it still gives you tubey sound in terms of 3d soundstage, air, great imaging and warmth?
Has anyone compared it to ARC ref6 or VAC renissance mk5 ?
Thanks for the thread all on PrimaLuna.. On the fence considering a PL EVO400LS. Much like everyone here, trying to stay in a budget range. Had Krell & CJ & Sonus Fabers for 22 yrs with a amazing workhorse table from Revox (50+ years old). Oops, Forgot the Moon Eclipse CD- Canada.

Current rig in Retail : 3% Eastern Europe, 4% S.Korea, 35% Italy, 40% US Tube Mono's, and probably 4% more US cable, 6% Canada, 3% EU, the remaining 5% is up for grabs. 

I'am in Atlanta & I find comparison shopping is a misnomer. NO AUDIO stores, only Home theatre retailers that also might have some High end audio stock, maybe. State of the market needs to change- buying off reviews is "stinky". You folks in large markets like Chicago, NY & LA are very lucky.If you look at the concentration of used gear, a preponderance it is in those markets. 

Further example: there is NOWHERE to listen to Canary. Criminal.
Hifi Buys in Buckhead carries Primaluna and Audio Research. Evolution Home Theater right across the street carries McIntosh, Sonus Faber and Gryphon. There are few more dealers in the metro area.
Have owned my EVO 400 preamp for several months and it is the best so far. I have substituted Mullards in the front 4 positions while retaining the stock PL tubes in the rear positions.  I found in my system the stock tubes up front tended to be on the detailed side and needed to tone things down so the Mullards did the trick. At the time I bought mine I was looking at ARC preamps to replace my LS26. A dealer told me without a doubt that a lot of his customers were trading in their REF series preamps for the PrimaLuna EVO400. I don't know how high in the REF series overall however, I am pretty sure they were at the REF6 level and below. He was very adamant that the EVO 400 was what I should buy. I can recommend this preamp highly especially at this price point it is a NO brainer.