When is digital going to get the soul of music?

I have to ask this(actually, I thought I mentioned this in another thread.). It's been at least 25 years of digital. The equivalent in vinyl is 1975. I am currently listening to a pre-1975 album. It conveys the soul of music. Although digital may be more detailed, and even gives more detail than analog does(in a way), when will it convey the soul of music. This has escaped digital, as far as I can tell.
mmakshak
mr g, you make a lot of statements but you provide no evidence for them. just because you are a composer, that doesn't excuse you from being prepared to backup your position.
Plato, I was thinking about it, and I believe we may have forgotton one very important class of factors. . . that is the cultural macro and micro environments for all the stages listed before. Which may perhaps explain why the classical music of Southern Laos, of Tibet, of the Sarmatic Tuvan region, and of relatively nearby Croatia do not have much emotional impact on me. On these I would have personally to add much of popular music from both sides of the Atlantic pond.
D_Edwards, thank you very much for your input. I believe that people(including myself) need to re-read what you just said. Guidocorona, you have very good points. I have to mention that I believe that you need to have analog(pre-1982) to enter this debate.
Thank you makshak for the reminder. Yes, I have analog LPS from 1949 to 1984. I shelved it in 1984 and moved on.
"I have to mention that I believe that you need to have analog(pre-1982) to enter this debate."

I have 2500+ records, I'd have 7,500 but I gave or threw 5000 away a few years back. I have setup over 200 analog systems and have owned excellent analog rigs. (SOTA, Star Saphire, Saphire, Cosmos, VPI HW-19IV, ET2, SME, Premiere, Wheaton, Grado, Micro Benz, Monster, Sumiko, Clear Audio, Roksan, EAR, Audio Research, Audible Illusions, Mod Squad, Motif Linn, Van den hul, Ortofon, Technics.

I know exactly what you're talking about, and so do I. So does Harvard University School of Medicine and Bell Labs.

I still don't know what speakers you are using. Very important. As important as my ownership of analog from pre-1982.

Hopefully my resume measures up, to qualify me for this continuing debate.

+ of course many of them are from before 1982. And all of my Cd's are from after 1983. :)

PS: On the Cd transport comment, on a whole there were more choices for High End transports a missing nuance to my comment and the basis. Why is there no serious competition for the VRDS? This is a problem don't you think? Thanks for the correction

Have a good one.