Ideas For Phono Cable For My Turntable.

I am looking to upgrade my phono cable which goes from my Technics SL1200g to my preamp.  It needs to be RCA on both ends with a ground wire. Presently I am using a VPI cable left over from my old Scout. The VPI cable was made by Discovery.  There is nothing wrong, I just want something better.  VH Audio has a Furutech silver cable at under $600 (max I want to spend) but never heard it and not sure I want silver. There is a Nordost Frey used for around $600 but never heard that either.  I am open to any ideas.  I want to keep the cable at 1 meter. 
128x128stereo5
@stereo5 - There are a few options open to you...

EASIEST: Get a Nordost Frey cable - they are very good

IMPROVED: Get a one piece harness installed in your arm - probably cost around $600-$700 and it will sound even better than the Frey

THE ULTIMATE: - buy an Audiomods arm - Jeff at Audomods used to make a special mounting plate just for your turntable. His arms are amazing value and significantly better than what comes with the 1200g

You can order his arms with a silver litz one piece harness and have him install KLE Innovations Absolute Harmony RCA’s. This is an amazing combo.

What if you want to change the Harness? - trust me you won’t - it’s that good!!!

Once you get the Audiomods arm, you sell the arm that came with the SL1200g and install the Audiomods arm.

I purchased an Audiomods Classic (Series III) arm several years ago with the Silver litz harness - added the Absolute Harmony RCA’s myself and have never looked back. A friend purchased the Series V for his 1200 and loved it

By the time you sell the old 1200 arm you will probably have spent around $800 total - but the sound will be superb.

Just make sure you check the compliance of the cartridge matches the arm first - or you'll have a cartridge upgrade to factor in.

Just thinking outside the box

Regards - Steve

Post removed 
There nothing wrong with your discovery cable - changing will be a lottery. I agree with @williewonka above - the Audiomods arm is a bargain and significant upgrade on the 1200 if you can afford to spend a little more. Otherwise I wouldn't bother. Spend the money on records.
If you must - keep the cable as short as possible.