Speaker cable length

Hey y'all,

I'm thinking about changing the setup of my rig so the equipment rack is off to the side and nothing is between the speakers. However, that's going to entail a much longer set of speaker cables. Is there anything about speaker cable length I should be aware of? And and am I right in assuming that I need to keep both pairs of cables equal length?
128x128simao
If you ever have cause to sell them, a pair of SCs of matching length will be much easier to move.

Also, if you reconfigure again, there's the possibility of halving them to creating bi-wires.

If you're going to purchase long cables, at whatever price point, Blue Jeans, Audio Envy, whatever, I wouldn't save the few bucks by skimping.
@hilde54   Thanks for the link. that was a fascinating video and explanation.
My rack has always been on the side, and recently purchased new speaker cables. I was told that I should keep the speaker wire short as possible, so, I moved my amp onto the floor between my speakers, thus allowing for shorter speaker cable runs. But, I then needed a longer IC from my amp to pre in the rack. I’ve read that if you have a choice, go with a longer IC cable vs speaker cables, and that’s what I did. Overall cheaper too, even as with the longer IC purchase.