Stereo systems are like Harleys

You'll never see two exactly alike. They are an expression of the owners ideas on design and performance, usually within the construct of a budget. Often put together over time with new and used parts.

I love that about this hobby. How boring would it be if we all had the same ideas of how a system should sound or look?

When you go to any kind of a rally, be it a poker run, charity ride or whatever.... it's customary to just walk around, checking out other peoples rides and chatting it up. It's a great way to meet people and have fun. Oddly, those bikers who's stigma is to be rowdy and obnoxious, are the nicest people I've met. Never once have I ever heard comments like DUH you should done this or that with your bike. Everything and everybody is accepted as is.

Perhaps some folks around here could learn a thing or two from the bikers. 

treynolds155
As someone well versed in them once said to me, Harley measures tolerances with a yardstick.  Maybe similar to some hi-end audio manufacturers.
Dgarretson--  Ha!!!  Exactly!  The tolerances were such that anyone--even me!--could work on them (these are 60s bikes here).  I believe I put one of the pistons in backwards, and after a few miles, recalled precisely my hand movements putting in the wrist pin, and OH CRAP, I ...   Rode home, took about a half hour to strip it down and put it in correctly (and I am NO mechanic!)--heads roughly where they should be--hell, good enough!  It ran fine.  There was no way that was going to work on a Japanese machine.  Riding one of those was like listening to really really good 78s played with a wooden needle.

And then there are the Ural hack riders like me, with a Thorens TD124. The 60 year old Thorens needs less work! 
Unfortunately, I can't not agree that you can blanket all "bikers" into the category of "the nicest people I've met".

I've been riding for 40 years, non of those on a HD but Japanese, Italian and English.  I heard and seen plenty of comments and gestures from HD riders towards me, because I'm not riding what they deem as the only motorcycle brand that matters.

Your comment about "rowdy and obnoxious" definitely holds true where I live, with every HD in my neighborhood with strait pipes that have no regard for speed limits, and just love to blast their stereos which can be heard blocks away.

I love motorcycles and motorcycling - I have three bikes in my garage, but I'll never strike up a conversation with another "biker" who is rowdy and obnoxious to an entire neighborhood.
I’ve never heard of a hi-fi rally- maybe car stereo stuff though; you can meet other peeps on your motorsickle but you can't drag your monoblocks to a car park