will changing to solid-state make the bass in my wilson sophias better at low volume?

I've noticed that my sophias really shine when they're cranked up a bit, which is great, but I'm wondering if I can't get more of that, esp. the bass, at lower volumes. my tube amps (Cary Slam-100s in triode) are ~50w/ch, more than the 25w/ch minimum wilson recommends. it seems to me that I could either get a sub or try a solid-state power amp. it'd be easy enough to try either/both, but I'm curious what people have to say. thanks!
musicslug
You need a good old fashioned loudness control.
I have remote volume on my sub array for lower volumes. And three EQ units. A mini DSP has 4 presets you can setup for different levels.
I'm using itunes, which has a 10 band eq. I tried using that, but didn't like the results.
I second the "loudness control". 
I have Sophias also. I use my McIntosh equalizer to make a great old fashioned Loudness control. Just go along the Fletcher-Munson loudness curve.  On the McIntosh that means the most boost at 25hz, less at 50hz, least at 100hz.  Anytime I am not listening at full "audiophile" volume I have the equalizer on and it sounds great. At full volume the equalizer is not needed.

S.S. usually doesnt have good low volume detail which is a area where tubes shine. Odd to me that a speaker would not sound good at low volumes but "better" at higher volumes.