JBL 4349 or Klipsch Cornwall IV

I need some input on these speakers, I will be able to try 4349 in my home in some time but Cornwall IV is difficult to audition, no dealers nearby. Any input is highly appreciated.

I listen to rock, metal, classical music, jazz, americana and occasionally some country. I have Mark Levinson pre and power (power is not an issue with the JBLs although I might have to change amp for the Cornwalls). My room is roughly 16x18 with a 10 feet ceiling.

I have listened to JBL L100 and while I enjoyed them with classical, jazz and metal, I did not find them to be very good for rock. The treble was slightly harsh and since the loudspeaker did not sound very open or engaging at lower volumes, the treble became very noticeable when the volume was dialled up. But like I said, they brought life to classical and jazz, that’s why I’m now looking at 4349 or maybe Cornwall IVs which have gotten some very nice reviews.

johnek
I’m using Van den Hul speaker cables (D352). I don’t think they are bright but there may be better alternatives. 
I’ve heard both and my impression was Cornwall was hands down a better speaker. One caveat, you need a tube amp to make it sound its best. I heard them with a low powered SET and was blown away. They’re very smooth, dynamic, great at low volume, lively. I wouldn’t pair Corwall with a solid state, it may get a bit bright. Tube amp tamed them nicely and it was almost too warm sounding.. I sat down for about two hours and listened to vocals and large scale classical works. No fatigue whatsoever, and I am used to warm sounding Sonus Faber. I say Take the Cornwall even without an audition you’ll won’t regret it. Just make sure to get a decent Tube amp, and SET if possible.
Thanks for sharing your experience with these speakers, @ei001h. Do you know what amp that was used to power these speakers? 
I’ll definitely need a new amp if I go for the Cornwalls, the question is if it should be a new integrated, a new power amp or a new pre- and a power? 
I’m a bit puzzled by 4349, did you think they were appropriately powered when you auditioned them? They have a claimed sensitivity of 91dB but I need about the same level of volume on my preamp as I did with my 87dB Dynaudios (for the same perceived sound pressure). 
The 4349’s will need power for full performance.  My Krell K300i drove my 4329’s extremely well but they thrived on it.  Cornwall’s will allow you more latitude in choosing amp.  Depends on your type of listening...I enjoy live volume levels occasionally so power is a thing for me.  If low level is your thing then go Cornwall with tubes.
The Cornwall IV excels at low volume and high volume listening. That said, I tend to listen a little louder than most and I have not been able to find a level that the CW IV can't handle. 

Oz